Friday, December 2, 2016

Light & Sight

ADVENT Friday of Week 1

 

Isaiah 29:17-24
On that day the eyes of the blind shall see.
Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
of whom should I be afraid?
Matthew 9:27-31
Two who were blind are cured.


Today we have Advent verses from Isaiah 29.  They are future oriented.  Justice and hope are the themes.  All those who thought they could hide their conniving…who thought they could exist separated from the God who created them…they will learn how impossible that is.

And then…fruitfulness, sight, hearing, the meek and needy are refreshed and renewed.

The psalm and the Gospel speak of light and sight.  Growing light reveals many things.  Some good, some not so good.  The psalmist’s mantra:  The Lord is my light. 

See clearly and honestly
Fix what needs fixing
Grow more Christ-like
How? 
By having Christ be your light.
I know…but HOW?

Let it be done for you according to your faith” Matthew 9:29

Maybe that is how.  By remembering that God is always the doer in me
...in my growing Christ-likeness not the other stuff
by way of humility, letting it be done in me.


All this made me think of this old spiritual
sung by Queen Latifah
a real Advent thread running through it


No comments:

Post a Comment