Wednesday, March 27, 2019

SEEN

Wednesday in the Third Week of Lent

Deuteronomy 4: 5-9

What other great nation
has a God so near to it
as the Lord our God is
whenever we call to him?


I call to mind that Taize chant 

See, I am near, says the Lord
See, I make all things new

There was a time 
when the thought of the Lord 
being THAT near was a clear encroachment!

It is the experience of my some-things being made new
My some-things that ever fall short of my dignity
My some-things seen and lamented
But ultimately transformed 
I just slightly turn my gaze 
and I find myself face to face with Mercy

Me:
It doesn’t frighten me
That you see the all of me
It is now to me like taking in a deep breath
And resting in place
Refusing to hide

I know
I know 
I did it again
Don’t you ever tire of making me new?

God:
 Daughter, It is what I am made of



No comments:

Post a Comment