Friday, June 4, 2021

Desk Scraps

 I love Post-It notes. 

But every now and again I have to clean off my desk and make room for the next round. Just so I don't lose something I may want to find later:


"...it would seem that our Lord finds our desires not too strong but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with. drink, and sex, and ambition when infinite joy is offered us..." C. S. Lewis


"The arts, it seems to von Balthasar, have more to offer by way of illuminating suggestion..."


"...in the same way that the Spirit calls the world to enter into the church, so she calls the church to give herself to the world." Hans Urs von Balthasar


"The only real fall of man is his non-eucharistic life in a non-eucharistic world" Alexander Dmitrevich Schmemann


"Preaching is Paschal: as for myself...nothing but Jesus Christ and him Crucified

Preaching is Eucharistic: broken and shared...the mystery of the person

Preaching is Christological: it is cosmic...way beyond the historical truth about Christ to the christological truth about history"

No comments:

Post a Comment