Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Church is Gathered-Acts 4:32-37

We just heard this reading on Sunday and again today…I'll consider it highlighted in neon green!  

...of one heart and mind,
...no one claimed 
...they had everything 
...no needy person among them
...each according to need

It seems that the Church I experience is always being re-gathered.  
Can I just let that be? And, at the same time hold on to this ideal in today's reading?  I am tempted to focus so strongly on all the ways church falls short of this ideal  that I lose sight of the "great power" I profess to be a witness of.

St. Luke pray for us.


"We were created to delight, as God does, in the resident goodness of creation.  We were not made to sit around mumbling incantations and watching our insides to see what creation will do for us."
-Robert Farrar Capon

No comments:

Post a Comment