Thursday, May 28, 2015

8th Week…Ordinary Time

Sometimes just thinking about the liturgical day, week, or season makes me reflect on the passage of time.  It makes me ponder the holiness of time.

There is a misty fog this morning as I sit here on this Thursday, of the 8th week of Ordinary Time.  The offering of the day is the story of Bartimaeus, the blind beggar in Mark's Gospel.  He is so certain that Jesus can heal him.  He hides nothing.  The onlookers try to stop him.  I am both Bartimaeus and an onlooker.  I sometimes trust.  I sometimes allow myself to be nakedly open.  But at other times I believe I am a bit of a pretender.  My words and speech say one thing but my body and my life say another.  I ridiculously attempt to hide my deepest brokenness from God…a lack of faith for sure.  "No…God can't forgive, or heal, or find grace in THAT part of me."

This day, I pray that I may be nakedly open in Bartimaeus style, that forgiveness, and healing, and grace may abound in me and through me, as gift to those I encounter this Thursday, the 8th week of Ordinary Time.  And may attentiveness hallow the gift of this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment