Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Solemnity of The Most Holy Trinity


Rublev's icon of the Holy Trinity is as close to perfect theology as I have come to experience.  It is Truth, Beauty and Goodness dynamically inviting to be encountered.  When I first let myself be taught by this image I began to see the Trinity revealed everywhere!

When Macbeth is trying to grasp the truth that is his devastated life he grasps for metaphor upon metaphor…three in all:

     Life's but a walking shadow…
     a crappy actor...
     a tale told by an idiot without ultimate meaning…

When I visit a stranger in the hospital and somehow she gifts me in the very act of receiving me, there is then another presence…room is made for the Holy Spirit.  Suddenly we are able to love one another, strangers though we are.

When I look into creation from the tiniest of particles to the vastness of space, it is all that is "in-between" that somehow holds and gives meaning to the "stuff."

What is in-between is what makes a dance, a dance.  It is life.  It is love.  It is God.  May Truth, Beauty and Goodness be made visible to me and through me this day.  May I see the face of Christ "in-between" and everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment