Monday, September 19, 2016

PROVERBial Wisdom

Monday of Week 25 in Ordinary Time
Saint Januarius, Bishop Martyr
(of whom very little is known other than the place of his bones)


Proverbs is kind of like a well-stocked tool box. 

Help folks if they need it.  Just do it.  Don’t promise it for later.
And don’t be quarrelsome just for the heck of it!  People do that! It is like a mode of being!  And just because those noisy and quarrelsome folks seem to get a lot of attention…for goodness sakes don’t envy them for that!

I do those things. 
I have great excuses for putting off the help I claim to joyfully want to provide.
I quarrel over the most ridiculous things.
I envy the attention bad-boys/girls get from time to time.

Open up that toolbox called Proverbs and remember what’s there.  Master those tools…wisdom, understanding, knowledge… and my soul will be alive and well.


Proverbs = Practical;)

No comments:

Post a Comment