Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Hide & Seek

Wednesday of Week 15 in Ordinary Time
Exodus 3:1-6, 9-12  (please don’t skip verses 7&8)


Reading today’s passage from Exodus (but not skipping verses 7-8) about Moses, Mt Horeb, and the burning bush, worked on my imagination.  Perhaps it is because I am twice a new grandmother that I kept thinking about how we used to play hide and seek when my own kids were very little.  Like Moses, they would ‘hide their faces.’  In their little world they thought by hiding their face they were in fact hidden from me! 

Like Moses, I hide my face.  Am I just hoping that God will pass me by and call upon another?  Moses starts out so strong:  Here I am!  And then quickly thereafter: Who am I? 


God’s presence always leads to mission.  But I kinda like just staying in the presence part!

No comments:

Post a Comment