Saturday, July 31, 2021

Examen ala Ignatius

Saturday, 17th Week of Ordinary Time 

Feast of St. Ignatius Loyola


[*the word "suspice" means to gaze up at ]


Saturday Examen

From pray-as-you-go: 
To begin spend some time letting God look at you with great love.

Recall the past week

Where/When was God palpably present to me in the past week?

Name some gifts and some fruits of prayer.

Collaborating in prayer and meditation with my sister...we have been pondering the 80 year-old person we will become. Who is she? Who do I want her to be? What does God hope for me?


Lord, help me become over the next 25+ years the person I long to be AND the person you are calling me to become. I relax into the promise of your accompaniment along the way.

THE SUSPICE
of St. Ignatius

TAKE LORD
AND RECEIVE
ALL MY LIBERTY
MY MEMORY
MY UNDERSTANDING
AND MY ENTIRE WILL
ALL I HAVE AND CALL MY OWN.

YOU HAVE GIVEN ALL TO ME.
TO YOU, LORD, I RETURN IT
EVERYTHING IS YOURS;
DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WILL.

GIVE ME ONLY YOUR LOVE AND YOUR GRACE

THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment