Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Wednesday, 17th Week in Ordinary Time

 Exodus 34:29-35

"Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone
because he had been talking to God."


...did not know

This prompts me to think about the necessity for a humble stance in prayer before God. This is not my modus operandi (unless I am begging for forgiveness;). It must be the result of receiving from God, that God seeps into one's skin (the largest organ of the body) to en-lighten. I think of Mary Jo and and of Lois...two examples of "halo" people. I can think of more...mostly strangers though. 


...shone because he had been talking with

Maybe nobody shines all the time (Mary and Jesus excluded, possibly others;) Maybe I shine from time to time. And maybe it is when I sense that "all is well with my soul"...like the hymn proclaims. Again, isn't it humility? Coming face to face (think: intimate embrace) requires humility to let go and fall into another without speaking a word and yet in conversation


Moses completes the rhythm. 

Humbly filled and shining + Humbly (damn near unconsciously) filling those who experience his authentic witness.

Our bodies are capable of shining/speaking/offering peace.
Practice prayer, humbly.
Receive. 
The witness will follow.
Like Lois and Mary Jo.
And me, I pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment