Friday, November 11, 2016

2 John and Leonard Cohen

Friday of Week 32
Saint Martin of Tours, Bishop
2 John 1:4-9

Two vital Johannine words are at play, truth and love.  Truth is something a person walks in.  It plays out in where this body goes and what this body does. ..in all my actions. To the extent that I am among those who have learned to “love one another” then my walk is true.

My loving and my walking must be in sync.  No faith vs works dichotomy here.  Integration is the sign of truth and loveJohannine style.
Words to meditate on from 2 John
            Grace
            Peace
            Mercy
            Truth
            Love
                  all in the first sentence!



RIP Leonard Cohen
Prophet and Poet


I wanted to post the words to Leonard Cohen’s #33 You Who Questions Souls from Book of Mercybut I think it is against the law.  I hope it is not against the law to direct you.  Buy this little book of Cohen Psalms here.

No comments:

Post a Comment