Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Dominus Spiritus Est

August 10, 2021
St. Lawrence the Deacon
John 12:24-26

The Lord is the Spirit
The Spirit gives life
God is the source of all life
the one in whom we live and move and have our being


"but if it dies (grain of wheat) it produces much fruit"

Is this Jesus' recipe for full aliveness/fruitfulness...to die?
hearing this moves me to contemplate the fruit of my life
how is that fruit connected to some kind of death?
death of selfishness
death of ego
death of pride?

and, further, how will my own death be a witness to Christ? 
a fruitful witness?
will it be?

"Those who love this life..."

Do I think of my life as my own...as my possession
...keeping it to myself
...having no need for interference from the outside

"Whoever hates his life in this world will preserve it for eternal life."

...hating this life must be the opposite of seeing it as my possession


and that's what lasts! 



No comments:

Post a Comment