Wednesday, August 11, 2021

to bind or to loose?

 August 11, 2021
Wednesday of Week 19 in Ordinary Time
Matthew 18:15-20


SAINT CLARE

Please visit and contemplate the work of this contemporary iconographer, Gracie Morbitzer, and read her artist's statement!
click HERE


My experience of this text has always made reference to the priest's sacramental role in the confessional.

Now I see this as so very anemic.
It refers to everyone...to ME!

What do I bind and what do I loose?
These actions of mine make up my life.
I don't want to bind.
I want to loose.

To loose is to free...to liberate
to bind is to immobilize another in fear and regret
to keep them frozen and unable to grow in holiness

Jesus liberated people
liberated them to love and serve the Lord

Saints free people

I want to be a Saint



No comments:

Post a Comment