Thursday, March 23, 2017

Not Today

Thursday of the 3rd Week of Lent
Jeremiah 7:23-28
Psalm 95
If today you hear God's voice, 
Harden not your heart.


In Jeremiah today we hear
Listen to my voice
And
Walk in my ways

But there is a stubborn hardness of heart
The people can’t hear
They are stopped in their tracks

“This is the nation 
that does not listen 
to the voice of the Lord, its God, 
or take correction. 
Faithfulness  has disappeared;
the word itself is banished from their speech”

LET IT NOT BE SO TODAY


And in Psalm 95
The psalmist prays for receptiveness
Bowing and kneeling are signs of an open heart
Oh, that today
I would hear God’s voice

It is 4 in the afternoon
It is getting late
I best listen attentively before this day passes me by
I have yet the opportunity to take a few steps
to walk in God’s pathway

LET IT BE SO TODAY





No comments:

Post a Comment