Tuesday, November 28, 2017

That Would Be Swell

Tuesday of Week 34 in Ordinary Time
Luke 21:5-11
“Many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and ‘The time has come.’
Do not follow them!”


This text speaks to me about those who are so certain about the mess the world is in.  They give their own predictions ‘Godly weight.’ 

My mind wanders…

I have been accused of being naïve and apologetic with respect to the hope I find in the young people of our time.

My intuition and my personal experience suggests to me that there is so much unknown about the burdens of growing up in this globalized and connected world with its tragedies served daily alongside morning breakfast.  What kind of strength and leadership will emerge from those now coming of age?  Will they be beaten by the onslaught or strengthened and sent to uncover the not-tragedies that are unfolding in their own neighborhoods? The ingredients that will make the leaders of tomorrow are shaped differently from those of the recent past. 

When I was growing up, vegetables, for the most part, came from cans…my kids wouldn’t dream of eating a canned vegetable!  Fresh.  They love fresh.  Fresh.  But not rebellious or novel. 

Call me naïve
But we need fresh
Real fresh comes from the ground
Grounded freshness


Grounded in God would be swell

No comments:

Post a Comment