Friday, September 11, 2015

Neighbors and Specks and Logs…Oh My!

Friday of Week 23 in Ordinary Time

This gospel reading about the speck and the log makes me blush AND laugh.  I have a co-worker who is gifted at pointing out my logs and specks.  To be fair, she doesn't actually point them out, she merely lovingly…and cleverly...holds out a mirror and then I see them myself.  Then I blush.  And then WE laugh.

My reaction to this gospel passage is a loud "OF COURSE!"  I am that person.  I see logs in other people's eyes way too often.  The cure for me is a neighbor who can point out my logs and specks with love and humor.  And in that way I am gently guided to overcome my self-inflicted blindnesses.

A prayer of thanksgiving 
For neighbors, friends, and co-workers
Who are adept at specks and logs!
It can sting  
But like antiseptic on a fresh scrape
…it does lead to healing.




No comments:

Post a Comment