Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Lesson in Rejoicing

Easter Sunday
1 Corinthians 5:6-8 


I tried to count the different birdcalls I heard off my deck this Easter morning. I couldn't. I kept getting lost in their overlay. And all together it really was a chorus. No misplaced flats or sharps. No minors. No dissonance.  The bird chorus told only the beautiful story. The otherwise will wait. 

Certainly a sacrament of joy…
And a sacrament of communion… 
And how about a sacrament of unity amid particulars…
And of course a sacrament of divine creativity…


1 Cor 5:6-8
Therefore, let us celebrate the feast, 
not with the old yeast,
the yeast of malice and wickedness.
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

And I just might join in with the birds;)

Thank you
Surrexit Christus Alleluia

No comments:

Post a Comment