Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Chestertonian Musings to Boot

Tuesday of Holy Week
Isaiah 49:1-6
Psalm 71


The ‘womb’ takes center stage in the reading from Isaiah:
You called me from birth,
from my mother’s womb
you gave me my name.
Giving a name means giving life and grounding and direction
From the start I am tethered to my God…the one who made me
I was formed as his servant from the womb.
In that womb space, that space of creativity and safety,
I was purposefully knitted together
Where I see flaw God sees beauty

And Psalm 71:6 seems to be the response:
From my mother’s womb you are my strength.

Add this from Chesterton:

Perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony. 
It is possible that God says every morning,
“Do it again” to the sun;
and every evening, “Do it again” to the moon. 
It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike;
it may be that God makes every daisy separately,
but has never gotten tired of making them. 
It may be that God has the eternal appetite of infancy.
                                    -from Orthodoxy, Gilbert K. Chesterton


Let me remember this week
Let me not complicate matters
I pray






No comments:

Post a Comment