Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just How Well-Trained?

Wednesday of Holy Week

 

Isaiah 50:4-9

The Lord has given me a well-trained tongue,
That I might know how to speak to the weary
a word that will rouse them.
Isaiah 50:4

The scriptures speak frequently
about the tongue
About words…
spoken words formed in the mouth
And released with the tongue.
the power of words
lies at the heart of creation
Let there be…
Let there be…
Let there be…

I don’t think often enough of that power.
Carelessly the words form
and are sent forth from my mouth
to do their work.

Psalm 69

At an acceptable time, O God,
in the abundance of your steadfast love,
Answer me.
With your faithful help rescue me
from sinking in the mire;
Let me be delivered from my enemies
and from the deep waters.
  Psalm 69:13-14

I wonder sometimes
How many
How many are praying this prayer today?
Answer me
Help me
Deliver me

Where does my well-trained tongue
fit in to this prayer of others
…today?










No comments:

Post a Comment