Saturday, April 29, 2017

Fiesty but Moored

Saturday of the 2nd Week of Eastertide
Acts 6:1-7
Saint Catherine of Siena


Easter and Acts…worth looking forward to;)

Sometimes with great enthusiasm comes a kind of dislodging.  In all the excitement I might not realize that I have come unmoored and before long there is nothing to hang on to...nothing to feed the enthusiasm.  I think that is what Gamaliel was referring to yesterday when he suggested that if this Jesus-Thing is not of God it will burn out…the community will be scattered not to re-gather. Not enough fuel.

And today I am reminded that the nature of that fuel is caring for the vulnerable.  It is a reminding.  It hasn’t been forgotten.  Just overcome by over-excitement! 

St Catherine was drawn out of the secluded life with a burning love of God and neighbor…moored and on fire!  And the Church was and is blessed by her feistiness.

That I may be both moored and feisty!
St. Catherine pray for us.



(an aside:  I had the most romantic meal of my life in Sienna…the only downside was that it was with my sister!  So I can’t think about St Catherine without thinking about Sienna, and my sister Celeste and that meal, on that terrace, and with those waiters.  It was a feisty but slightly unmoored time;)

No comments:

Post a Comment