Thursday, July 14, 2016

Who's Yoke Today?

Thursday of Week 15 in Ordinary Time
St. Kateri Tekakwitha
Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who labor.

Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

All you...
That's the bunch of us...
If I read and think "I" and "me"... 
It is always too heavy and too risky to let go of the burden I'm so familiar with. 

Our cultural burdens 
Are they grounded in our refusal to "find rest"
...to let our guard down for a bit?

What will heal our divisive discourse?
It is a heavy burden 
between family members
And neighbors
And political opponents

Make me a channel of you peace
Make my life in some way today
An invitation to lay some burden down

No comments:

Post a Comment