Sunday, November 1, 2015

Longing to be Satisfied

Solemnity of All Saints

Such rich readings on this feast day!  

Perhaps it is the Autumn, the increasing brownness, the dampness outside…there is a good longing going on in me.  In a way we celebrate the Saints whose life of longing is now satisfied.  I love this longing  Psalm

And so I make it my own:

O God this is Cindy who longs to see your face.  

My hands aren't sinless but they long to be
My heart wakes up clean 
...and with your help I can keep it that way 
...a little longer today
And earth's vanities…that's tricky.
I delight in your creation
...the beauty of people and their saintliness
...the beauty of the world outside my window 
...doing its Autumn thing
Let it not turn possessive 
…Awe and gift
…not up for grabs

O God this is the people who longs to see your face.




No comments:

Post a Comment