Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Seeking...God's Rejoicing

Thursday of Week 31

Luke 15:1-10

The heart of God has resources galore. It's always open. Always understanding. Always forgiving. Not to worry God can handle it. 

Could these lost & found stories be about more than the sheep and the coin?  Jesus is addressing the murmuring of the Pharisees...the righteous.  And he is commending the attentiveness of the crowd of sinners. 

My sinfulness is sneaky. I have to be deliberately attentive to begin to find it in its ever-new disguises. So that's why all the rejoicing! Finding is hard work...but it is the raw material for the repentance that causes God's rejoicing. 

I spend  lot of time thinking about what my righteousness ought to look like. Hah! Could all that thinking be a good hiding place. 

Be attentive. 
No self-righteous murmuring focused on the sinfulness of others. 

Give God someone to rejoice over...today!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment