Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Psalm 34

Tuesday of Week 32 in Ordinary Time
Feast of St Leo the Great, Pope, Doctor


Psalm 34
I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall ever be in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the Lord;
the lowly will hear me and be glad.

It's hard for me to recite this Psalm…it deserves to be sung!

34 calls upon my mouth.  But also eyes and ears.
My mouth…what it speaks and even what it eats.
My eyes…what I see and what I don't see.
My ears…what they hear and what they tune out.

I can make it all blessing.

I can do that by engaging all my senses for the work of justice
and for healing the brokenhearted
and for raising the lowly

I will bless the Lord at all times…

and I will fall short
but as my friend says: 
"God is indeed glorified in the effort"

No comments:

Post a Comment