Friday, November 13, 2015

…To Be That Frail

Friday of Week 32 in Ordinary Time

For years now I have driven by the Mother Cabrini Shrine on my way to visit my sister in Evergreen Colorado.  I know I have asked about it and googled her many times.  But today, on her feast day, I actually read a little about her life.

What sticks out is the line "…because of her frail health."  Like the widow and her two coins (Last Sunday's Gospel Mark 12:38-44) amongst the noteworthy tithers at the front of the line…it is such as these that God places front and center.  And my notions of what "ought" to be are continually being upended.   

The result?  I am never off the hook.

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini with her frail health
The widow and her two coins
Me and my -------------

In my plenty, or in my want 
I have something AWE inspiring to offer
for the life of the world
GO!






No comments:

Post a Comment