Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Search No More

Psalm 95
Kindness and truth shall meet
Justice and peace shall kiss
Truth shall spring out of the earth
And justice shall look down from the heaven
Luke 7:19-23
Are you the one or should we look for another?

The crowds have to judge for themselves. Jesus asks them what they have seen and heard.  He asks them to decide.

Decision making can be so freeing. If the answer is YES, then the searching is over and the discipleship begins. I believe he is the one. And consequently I pray and work so that others might experience something of me that points to Christ.  And then, perhaps, as those  pointings add up, another searching will turn into discipleship.

What have I seen and heard of kindness and truth?  How have I given witness to justice and peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment