Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Don't Wander Off Without Your Keys

Wednesday of Week 30 in Ordinary Time
Feast of Saints Simon and Jude, Apostles

Today we read the neat and tidy conclusion of Paul's persuasive argument to the Ephesians:
…strangers and aliens no longer.  No, now we are part of the building whose capstone is 'Christ Jesus' himself.

Christ Jesus.  He is the interpretive key.

All good and well.  But right now I don't feel like a perfectly placed puzzle piece.  I believe in my head, but my heart is on one of its periodic side trips.  Paul reminds me, "take the key with you and you will always be able to open the next door.”

The human heart has to struggle
between its urges for stability
and its unpredictable restlessness.    
from Seeing and Believing, Frank Kacmarcik and Paul Philibert, p21


Saint Jude,
Patron of lost causes,
intercede for all who plead
on their knees and with quivering faith

for the lost to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment