Monday, October 26, 2015

Seeing from the Underside

Monday of Week 30 of Ordinary Time

What does life look like seen from a "bent over" stance?  I tried it.  It looks heavy because everything is above.  It looks disproportionate…the closest things are underside things.

What did this woman look like to Jesus?  The text says that he saw her.  I tried that too.  The only way he could have seen her was if he intentionally maneuvered so that he could.  He must have bent over...as she was bent over, so that he could see her face to face.

He set her free by first seeing her and then healing her so that she will see others and others will see her.  But first he sought to see.

I wonder if my own ability to see is being quite underutilized!  I see all that comes across my field of vision.  But do I seek?  Do I bend over?  Do I look under and around?  To think what I am missing!  It will take a Jesus-like effort on my part to see and be seen in such a way that erupts in freedom for both the bent and the unbent.


No comments:

Post a Comment