Sunday, October 25, 2015

Filled Up

30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Master, I want to see  Mark 10:51
You are my son:  this day I have begotten you  Hebrews 5:5

Of course Bartimaeus wanted to see!  But the sight he was given was so much more than he asked for.
What I’ve been given is so much more than I could think to ask for as well.  I have been begotten.  I love that word…begotten.
I have been brought forth.  Brought forth…it rings with purposefulness.  And that purposefulness has an end…as in goal…as in fulfillment.  That fulfillment is tied up with my sight…with what I see and how I interact with what I see. 

May I see well, and clearly, and with mercy…may I see as Jesus saw Bartimaeus.

The Lord has done great things for us,
filled us with laughter and music!   Psalm 126
…and sight!


No comments:

Post a Comment