Thursday, June 11, 2015

June 11, 2015, St. Barnabas, Apostle

He was a good man, and he was full of the Spirit and of faith.  Acts 11:24

Barnabas appears for the third time in Acts.  He's Paul's cheerleader to the Jerusalem church.  And Paul apparently needed one!  I love the collaboration.  A Paul needs a Barnabas.  I pause to think about my being a Paul to someone else's Barnabas, or to my being a Barnabas to someone else's Paul.  I love that I have friends in my life who welcome the part of me that collaborates well with a part of each of them.  

I give thanks this day for my husband who is the Barnabas to my Paul.
I give thanks this day for my mentor and spiritual confidant who is the Paul to my Barnabas.
And I give thanks for all who come in and out of my life of discipleship in such a way that each is gifted with "goodness, spirit and faith."

Saints Paul and Barnabas, Pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. In this crazy journey of chaplaincy I feel so lucky to have walked with you through almost all of it! You've been a super barnabas/Paul to me!

    ReplyDelete