Saturday, June 20, 2015

Saturday, June 20 - Week 11 of Ordinary Time

Therefore, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions and constraints for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak , then I am strong.  2 Cor 12:10

Paul continues to juxtapose his boasting which is in his weakness and affliction with that of the "super-apostles" who have worked their way into his community.

It's the "for the sake of" part that both troubles me and offers intelligibility. How does that work?  Have I ever been able to be content under any of those five conditions?  And if I have or if I could, it would have to be for the sake of something completely life giving.

When I find myself weak and not up to the task before me, or when I am thwarted in my efforts to go where I feel called, maybe that's the place where I can be in communion with the weak and literally constrained suffering Christ. But that communion is not just mine. I have to spend it somehow for others a la Jesus. I'm not sure at all what that looks like.  But it does sounds good and true. I pray someday to be able to witness more clearly...to be able to witness a la Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment