Friday, July 17, 2015

I Hope. I Hope. I Hope.

Friday of Week 15 in Ordinary Time

Exodus 11:10  
This is how you are to eat it: 
with your loins girt, sandals on your feet, and your staff in hand

Matthew12:1-8  
For the Son of Man is Lord of the sabbath.

And...Psalm 116

In the Psalm there is a cup,  loosening of bonds, and walking without stumbling.  All the readings point me to reflect on the life of the sojourner and on how that life is sustained and nourished.  I remember singing Psalm 116 a few years ago at Eucharist and thinking, I want that song at my funeral.  I want it because it is the hope I hold for my journey.  I hope to take the cup of life.  I hope to take it all my days with gusto.  I hope to take it no matter what's inside.  I hope to make a fair and joyful return to the Lord with the whole of my life.  I hope to call on God's name in good times and in bad.  I hope to be set free from all that keeps me from loving God and neighbor.  I hope.  I hope.  I hope.

Psalm 116 here (but there is a 5 second commercial;)

No comments:

Post a Comment